Monday, May 14, 2012

A woman who fears the Lord...

An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil 
all the days of her life.
 
Her children rise up and bless her;
her husband also and he praises her, saying:
"Many daughters have done nobly,
but you excel them all."
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
 
Proverbs 31:10-12, 28-30

 
I want to encourage the wives and moms that read this blog with these verses.  This weekend was very humbling for me and my eyes were teary most of the weekend because of the praises I received from my family.  My honey read verses 10-31 of this passage to me, inserting my name as he read. It was so precious!  I really was almost overwhelmed by the wonderful spoken and written words from my children.  I felt very loved and appreciated.
 
I know that I am SO not perfect and that I still have a lot to learn from the Proverbs 31 woman.  I also know that any praise I received this weekend is solely due to the work of God's grace in my life.  Here's the encouragement for you and me - God does reward those who seek Him and diligently and purposely obey Him. 

My honey also spoiled me with a delicious breakfast omelet with hashbrowns and peaches on the patio.  Later, for dinner, he fired up his smoker and fixed a delicious dinner of smoked rib eye steak, baked sweet potato and peas.  Yum!  God provided the background music with a wonderful rain.  It was a good day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment