Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New every morning...

This I recall to my mind,
therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is Thy faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:21-23


As I was finishing up a Precept Bible study on Lamentations, I ran across these verses again.  The older I get, the more I appreciate and am so thankful for the fact that God's love and compassion for me won't ever stop and won't ever fail me.  I can realize the newness of them every morning, which tells me that He is there when I wake up, eager to show me how faithful He is.  I think I need to pay more attention to Him!  


Watermelon


 Did you know that watermelon is very good for you?  Look at these facts:
46 calories per cup
20% of daily vitamin C per serving
17% of daily vitamin A per serving
potassium - helps maintain blood pressure
lycopene - helps with heart disease and some cancers
Toasted watermelon seeds provide fiber, protein and magnesium.

So, how do you pick a good watermelon at the market?

Heavier melons mean juicier slices.
Pick a melon that is symmetrical in shape.
Look for a creamy yellow spot - that means the fruit ripened on the vine before it was picked.


I'm glad that small watermelons are available now.  My honey and I have a hard time eating all of a large melon before it goes bad. 

This information was taken from an article in the June 2012 Better Homes and Gardens magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment