Thursday, May 3, 2012

A little bit of privacy...

Funny story...

My honey likes to eat a piece of egg casserole for breakfast.  So I made a yummy spicy version for him to enjoy and it made the kitchen smell fantastic while it was cooking.  I had a long to do list for the day, so I was glad when the timer went off to indicate that the casserole was finally done and reached over and turned the oven off.  I've been known to walk back into the kitchen after I've taken something out of the oven, only to find the oven still on...um, yeah. Wasting electricity...

So, imagine my horror when I was putting some individual peach cobblers into the oven last night after dinner only to discover the egg casserole!  Auuuugggggghhhhh!  Fortunately, my honey just laughed and said (tongue in cheek) that he's glad he's never done anything like that!  The stories I could tell...just sayin'.


Decorating

When my oldest daughter and her husband moved into their new home, she was concerned about a lack of privacy because of the French doors off the dining room leading into the back yard.  She wanted something that would give them some privacy at night and liked the roll up shade I had made for our back door.  So we went shopping for fabric and decided on a pattern for the front and a solid for the back, thinking it would look more interesting when it was rolled up.  We also purchased magnetic curtain rods for the doors.

We had been hard at work cleaning and unpacking so I was very relieved when we had the shades up...until I realized that I had forgotten to include the ribbon to hold the shades up when rolled.  I was so tired I wanted to cry.  Then, my very creative son-in-law suggested that instead of rolling them up, why not just pull them up behind the rod and fold them over the rod.  He's a genius!  It only took about five minutes to get a look that they both liked. 

I put the sewing machine away!

The shades are held down by magnets sewn into each bottom corner:





Folding the shades to make them look like Roman shades:



No comments:

Post a Comment