Friday, May 18, 2012

Those who seek Him...

And without faith it is impossible to please Him,
for he who comes to God must believe that He is,
and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Hebrews 11:6

This verse was next to my keyboard when I was working in our church office.  I had just come from a very difficult time in my life where I felt like I was constantly being disciplined by God and punched about by people and life.  I didn't feel the love!

Then I came across this verse during my personal Bible study time and it became a beacon of hope for me.  I had to have faith and believe in God and keep seeking Him.  I was doing pretty well until my dad died unexpectedly.  I was back at square one and it took a while to get back to faith, belief and seeking.  

God was so faithful in bringing me along in my journey of grief.  Satan tried to get me to believe that God was done with me. I had such a rebellious attitude towards God because He took Dad home before I was ready...like it was up to me.  Really?!  I'm so grateful that God is patient!  He knew there were still things in my heart and mind that needed to be exposed to the light of His truth that sets us free from the lies of the enemy and the pull of our own sin nature.

The rewards have been great and shown to me in unexpected ways.  God's love is amazing!


Air Purifier

I was randomly watching TV one afternoon and came across the Dr. Oz show.  He was showcasing healthy products and this light bulb was one of the products he recommended.  He said it was available at Lowe's for $17.  I've looked at air purifiers before, because we have so much wind which fills the air with dust and allergens, but they can be pricey.  

I went to Lowe's and found that the light bulb is only $7.  That's a cheap air purifier!  I put it in the kitchen lamp because it's central to where we spend the most time in the house.  I can honestly say that the air in the kitchen feels like air after a spring rain.  I guess it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment