Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rainstorm...

We got drenched last night!  It rained so hard that there were rapids running down our street.  We needed the rain desperately and I'm so grateful that God sent the rain.  Before the rain hit, I was outside on our porch watching the clouds.  There was a particularly active wall cloud that kept sending out small funnels that dissipated as quickly as they formed.  My honey says I should have been a storm chaser.  This morning, the air is fresh and cool.  It feels like fall! 



My life is kind of like this experience.  If I ignore my need to spend time in God's Word every day - because I think there are so many good things and necessary things that I just have to do - I end up feeling like there is a drought in my soul.  When I get back in the Word, I feel fresh and clean because the Spirit does His convicting work, I confess my sins, and God reconfirms His love for me. 

I felt God calling me to read and study the book of Romans again.  It's been awhile and I forgot what a rich and loaded book it is.  I've been reading and studying for about a month and I'm only on the eighth chapter.  This is going to take a while, but it's so good!  Yes, I will be sharing.

It is the perfect morning for some muffins to go with my coffee...

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Forks Over Knives


1 medium banana, mashed
15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole oat flour (put old-fashioned rolled oats in your blender to make flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
14 tsp ground ginger
1 cup grain-sweetened dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.

2.  In a small bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.  Transfer mixture to large bowl and mix together gently until well-combined.  Avoid over-mixing to prevent toughness in the final product.  Fold in chocolate chips.

3.  Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned.  Remove muffins from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.  Store muffins in an airtight container.

These muffins are gluten-free and vegan and they are moist and delicious.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment